Wednesday, July 4, 2007

15 miles!

Today Bryan decided to go for a long run as part of his marathon training, and we figured the only way I could join him on this fun was if I was on wheels. So I strapped on my rollerblades and off we went!
On our journey through the forest preserve we saw: 2 bucks, 2 does, several squirrels, 1 dead chipmunk, many swarms of bugs, and countless bikers, runners, joggers, and walkers (with and without dogs). Oddly enough, we did not see anyone else on rollerblades. This can only mean one of two things: 1- All of the other 'bladers knew that the trail was wet and therefore quite slippery in some spots. 2- Rollerblades are no longer considered Cool. Either way I missed the memo.
15 miles later Bryan is understandably exhausted (longest run yet!), and I am more sore than I probably should be, seeing as I was on skates. A good time though!!!

5 comments:

amberWIRE said...

I love that you went rollerblading! I miss you so much! Those pictures are awesome!

Transplant said...

Good pix! Dad & I have been trying to bike a lot getting ready for vacation. He asked me if roller blading was on The List. I had to say no. At least not yet . . .

Anonymous said...

Love the action shot. Made us chuckle. Great job you guys. I think you need the hot tub!

B. Irv said...

nice vmo on the posed picture there B.

so my question who was the photographer...
Was it:
A. A pile of books propped up on the green bean with auto shoot
B. A neighbor who said, 'hey it would be cool if you could pose action so that the picture could speak more than a 1000 words
C. The lady from Sheboygan was driving through town and was doing some freelance
D. Amber and Ryan never actually did move and are secretly staying in chicago... as we have not seen physical proof that they have in fact moved to GR. (as in no one has given us even a phone number so that we can confirm their wherabouts)

Kinda Sheboyganish if you ask me.

amberWIRE said...

question:
Did you take that picture as a self-portrait while balancing your camera on the trunk of your car? I hope so!